This card took awhile to set up. I created the scene by stamping and masking in several steps. My stamping platform was a great deal of help with this card although it can be done without one.
I used the “Garden Boots” stamp set from Stampendous and stamped everything in VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink. I colored the images with multiple layers of Prismacolor Pencil to create a wax resist for the Distress Oxide inks I blended over top of the colored design. This is a one layer card, stamped directly on to the card base.
To start, I put a piece of acetate over my card base in the Stamparatus (R) platform. Then I stamped my ground layer images onto the acetate to make sure I had them straight and lined up correctly.
Each time I added a new image, I stamped on the acetate first to verify the placement. Once I had the scene stamped I waited 20 minutes or so to make sure the ink was fully dry before I started coloring. I could have heat set the ink to dry it faster but it is already 80 degrees in my house, more heat is not desirable!
I used 3-4 layers of pencil on all of the images to insure it would resist the ink. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the colored image before doing the ink blending. At the end of the post, I will add another, simpler card I made with this technique and will include the colored image so you can see how it is affected by the blending.
This is what it looked like after the first layer of ink. I used 3 layers to get a good blend.
After I finished blending, I used a soft cloth to rub off the excess ink then stamped the sentiment on the top left corner.
As promised, here is the next card I made using the Prismacolor resist technique. This time I used just one stamp.
Leave a Reply